Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

THRIFTY TUESDAY....BEACHWEAR on a BUDGET

AS you msy or may not know I am preparing to go on vacation in a few weeks (which I am SO EXCITED about - it's been 6 YEARS people!!! That's a mighty long time for no vacation!!!).  We will be going somewhere warm and we all needed new beachwear....because that's where we plan to be parked most of the vacation!!! SO having thrifting in my blood it just seemed unnatural to pay full price for a bathing suit (ESPECIALLY since I have a few new pieces from last year that I picked up for $1.00 NEW WITH TAGS from Target on #goodwill dollar days).

THIS pic below shows 3 items that I will be taking on my trip (the straw and sequin purse, the cream cover up and the white bikini bottoms - these were one of my NEW with tags dollar finds)

Beach outfit No. 1:
3 Musketeers Bracelet- BCBG @ Bergners
Orange Earrings - Maurices
Fedora with gold sequin trim  - HobLob (I added the gold sequin trim)
Scarf - Thrifted (in case I want a head scarf vs a fedora)
Bikini Top - Burlington Coat Factory - SELLI SEGAL (normally sold at Nordstroms and for both TOP and bottom{not pictured as it was the top only and hence the $5.99 price tag} for $138.00
Coverup - Thrifted
Gold Bikini Bottoms - Sports Illustrated for  TARGET via goodwill NEW WITH TAGS

 Beach Outfit No. 2:
Grey Linen Bling Cover-up - New York & CO via goodwill (on dolla day)
Fedora - Big Lots
Assorted Bracelets -Walmart - $1.00 for a stack
Fringe Bikini Top - Kohls $3.40
Bikini Bottoms - Wal-mart $6.96

The fringe top is SO ADORABLE on!!! And the color is GORG
SEE my tags?!?!? Fedora - $3.00, Bikini top $3.40 - I HEART a good deal and HALF the fun for me is the "thrill of the hunt"
Beach Outfit No.3:
Striped Tunic - Goodwill Dolla Day last year
Fedora - NEW with tags at Goodwill via Target
Stack of Assorted Bracelets
Bikini Top - Wal-mart $6.96
Bikini Bottoms - NEW WITH TAGS at Goodwill via Target

Not sure if the fedora is TOO much pattern mixing....so we'll see once we're there....
I am ALWAYS On the hunt for a good deal....even IF I don't know when or where I'll wear something...I follow my INSTINCTS and ask myself "will I be sad if I leave this item?" if the answer is yes then I take it BECAUSE if not I'll more than likely be back the next day to purchase it!

No comments: