Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, April 9, 2015

TRY IT THURSDAY....Purse Tassel's


 Saw this bag and fell in LOVE with the color....

Being who I am I KNEW it needed more!!! Nothing a lil monogram and tassel's can't fix.....

I ordered my monogram from Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/KPLDecals She was AWESOME!!! It arrived quickly AND was beautifully packaged



I gathered my supplies and applied my monogram.....




Onto the tassel....I save EVERYTHING (because you can always use it for another project - right?!?!? Case in point) this was from a dog leash that broke - I saved the clip portion...

I gave it a shot of hot pink spray paint (you'll see that in the finished product below)

For the tassel I gathered my supplies (yarn, twine, leather cording)

For the small one I used bakers twine and wrapped it about 50 times around a credit card (there are tutorials all over the internet on how to make a tassel)

I made another with yarn and attached BOTH to my hot pink clip....

 Clipped on my bag and I was off and running (I know my iphone cords stickin outta my pocket...the morning we traveled it was slight pandemonium...the night before I left my phone at the nail salon and by the time I realized they were closed SO it was  mad dash to the salon the next morning BEFORE the airport)

This purse became my carry on for the trip (notice my actual purse inside the "carry on" as well as some bathing suits and shorts....


 This bag traveled Florida with me....from sight seeing to the beach....this was the BEST $7.00 I have ever spent!! That's right y'all - $7.00!!! Walmart.

The monogram didn't fare as well after all the travels (which was ok....it was a total experiment as it was a peel and stick and I wasn't committed to having it stamped on).

Have YOU embellished any of your bags?!?!?

No comments: