Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, July 24, 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY....BACON WRAPPED PORK TENDERLOIN

Sunday I decided to make a nice family lunch - since we were all home together (and that IS what they did in the olden days....big lunch, small dinner). I had a pork tenderloin that I wrapped in bacon (AFTER putting slits throughout the pork to pop some cloves of garlic in...no other seasoning was required because the bacon is salty and DEELISH and the garlic would give some flavor). I also knew I wanted oven fried potatoes with it....


SO I sliced my potatoes into wedges, covered them in herbed butter and added a teaspoon of bacon grease and put them in a pie plate. I then took a round cooling rack and placed that OVER the potatoes and popped the tenderloin on the top...
Baked it at 320 for about an hour and then broiled for a few minutes to brown the bacon, took the tenderloins out and let them cool before cutting and continued to broil the potatoes flipping every few minutes....

THIS WAS DEELISH!!! How do you prepare your pork?!?!?!

No comments: