Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, July 23, 2015

TRY IT THURSDAY....VISION BOARDS

I'm pretty sure I have blogged about vision boards in the past...and each year I make a new one....as my goals change OR I have accomplished something on my previous board it's time to freshen up the board. The definition is: vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life. You can find more information on this website here http://makeavisionboard.com/what-is-a-vision-board/ You can find images of vision boards all over the internet....I found this one on instagram 



THIS vision board is from when I was 35....My goals were getting back to church, eating healthy, getting a job, vacation to Florida.....the things that came to fruition were getting back to church, I got a job and I made healthier food choices
 
The next year my goals were STILL Florida / Disney, an engagement ring, a new house, getting fit and being a FAB mom and being independent ....the things that came to fruition were moving, independence, got an engagement ring (that fell thru- all 3 times!!), and being a fab mom!!


This was my vision board that I made last August....It was a lot of inspirational quotes and reminders....some things were HUGE (like the cadillac that I still DON'T have) and other things DID come to fruition...Making it another year, VACATION (this was a HUGE one for me on so many levels..our first family vacation in 6 years, I was the only adult on the trip and I did it ALL BY MYSELF - I know this may sound silly to some BUT it was a big deal for me), I made time for friendship, for being present in my family time, I didn't settle....


THIS is the latest vision board I created....here are real life goals....investing in my 401K, cleaning up my credit, growing an edible (patio) garden, farm life, investing in my business, travel, falling in love, getting engaged, getting a passport....REAL BASIC things!!
I know some people think vision boards are hokey, BUT I believe it does keep the things you want front and center in your life in your mind and you are subconsciously working toward those goals....

1) PUT IT WHERE YOU CAN SEE IT
Put your board in a place you will see it EVERYDAY (for example mine's in my bathroom closet and I pop the door open so I can see it while getting ready every morning).

2) SHARE YOUR GOALS
Don't be afraid to share your goals....if you're afraid to share for fear of failure that's silly....EVERYONE fails sometimes AND a "failure" may not be a failure.....you may decide that as you attempted to accomplish one of your "visions" you didn't want or desire it as much as you thought you may...or it wasn't what you thought it would be at all BUT you don't know until you try....

3) UPDATE YOUR BOARD
As you complete goals or get things accomplished, re-do your board....we are everchanging and our goals should reflect that! I LOVE to keep my old boards so I can see what I have actually accomplished, what I still need to work on AND what I can add or subtract going forward.

Do YOU make vision boards?!?! If so leave your link and tips so I can check it out!!

No comments: