Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, January 6, 2017

FOODIE FRIDAY....Guacamole Salsa TACOS and SALAD

If you like SPICE you'll LOVE this guacamole salsa! I usually buy Herdez Salsa Verde and saw this on the shelf next to it and figured I'd give it a try....BEST stuff EVER!!! Nice consistency - not too runny (can be used sparingly in a cheese quesadilla), dip for chips (perfect BUT crazy spicy) garnish on tacos OR as salad dressing (the newest way I tried it - see below for what I used). 

 This can probably be found in any retailer that sells ethnic foods - I found it once in Chicago in one of those fruit markets and recently I found it in Walmart.....

 For this meal I used the Salsa Guacamole to garnish my (EASY cheat-y) Chicken Tacos...Simply pick up a rotisserie chicken from the deli - shred your chicken, fill the tortillas and top with your favorites! Served with cilantro lime rice....

I am on this New Year New Me plan and that involves a LOT MORE veggies....so spinach is an EASY way to get my greens in! I thought how delish would the guac salsa be as a dressing?!?!? So I gave it a go and here is my salad....
The latest trick I have found in making a bomb-ass salad is to throw all the ingredients in a bowl (that can be covered) and shake it all together - gives that nice coating you get in the restaurants! For the above salad I used:

  • Baby Spinach
  • 1 Roma Tomatoe
  • 1 Pesto seasoned Chicken Breast (what I had on hand - was a smidge worried about the flavors clashing BUT it was delish)
  • REAL Bacon Pieces
  • Flax Seed Tortilla Chips (you know all those broken bottom of the bag ones that you usually throw away?!!? PERFECT for adding a lil crunch to your salad). 
  • Herdez Salsa Guacamole
  • Shredded Cheese
Throw it all in the above mentioned bowl, and shake it til you make it! These opinions are all my own....no royalties or requests from Herdez...just thought it's something SO GOOD and worth sharing!! (my parents are hooked). Lemme know if YOU try it and how you used it! 




No comments: