Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY

As the day's activities have winded down and the kiddies are all tucked in their bad, I want to take this chance to wish y'all a HAPPY MOTHER's DAY and show you what I did today!! I am truly blessed to be a mom, some days are challenging BUT I would NEVER trade them for anything! When you become a mother, there isn't a manual or rule book you are given at the hospital! You make mistakes along the way, your children learn form you and you form them - you learn together! 

Every year I take my mom flower shopping on Mother's Day...we were just talking today about how long ago the tradition started....neither of us remember exactly BUT we think it's somewhere between 4-5 years ago. My girl has been going with us for the past 3! 


We went to Home Depot and found lots of pretty things.....


I've ALWAYS loved these rounded rose tree shrubs.....

Mom and I working on a plan for her window boxes.....
 We BOTH LOVED these flowers....we spotted them from a distance....we've never seen anything like them....

 It's a Percy Wiseman Rhododendron.....have you planted one? The blush colors are so GORG!!

After all that flower shopping we needed a lil caffeine re-charge...CHEERS! To Starbucks

 This is such a GREAT PIC OF MY MOM - SHE hates taking pics BUT she looks so happy here!

Gardening is one of her FAVEY activities....you will see what I mean....
 Me and my lil jokesters had a photo session in the back yard (LOOK AROUND at all the beautiful landscaping in the background)

I love that mom captured this pic - the orchestration process.....

For THIS fun pic
(which coincidentally was Maya's idea) L O V E!!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom....a woman who has shown me don't be afraid to work hard, always try to do the right things, treat people the way you want to be treated, serve a meal of a protein; starch and a vegetable, it's in the presentation, how to make the holidays come to life for your children, how to think outside the box, and to love....sometimes tough love and other times the kinda love that scoops ya up when ya most need it...for these things and SO MANY more, THANK YOU MOM! I LOVE YOU!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

2 comments:

Makaila said...

Adorable, I love the pic of you and your kids stacked.. so cute! Happy Mother's Day!!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Such a heart warming post my dear...it brought tears,,,,Thank you for sharing your family...this post was all about family love!