Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Monday, August 4, 2014

MANIC MONDAY New Tattoo

Have you ever had one of those moments in life that you make a less than stellar decision??!?! I'm SURE WE ALL HAVE....some are temporary moments of insanity some have an everlasting affect....Once upon a time I thought I was madly in love with this person and we got matching tattoos...it was small-ish....exactly what I wanted....until the relationship was no more....I am not going into details BUT suffice it to say it's long over and a cover-up has been years in the making....

I did my research....Checked out pinterest OF COURSE and came up with these....


However, the letters were too close to do much with (and my price point had something to do with the extent of the work that would be done was well). SO after being to several places and being told no to my leopard spots EVERY time I came up with a solution....a black star SURROUNDED by leopard spots....

I think the banter with the artist before we even got started was the funniest part of the day... he called me an "awkward personality" some may call it a bitch...I call it assertive and no-nonsense.

Here's the start of the spots....I LOVE them...after all, "a leopard doesn't change her spots"

Before I could snap an after He slathered it up and covered it up....which I should be grateful for...It bled throughout the course of the afternoon....

HERE is the finished product (this is still swollen and only 6 hours after the work)

I LOVE it and it totally suits me!!! Readers, let the lesson be DON'T get  permanent ink for a fleeting moment....


No comments: