Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WIWW

Somebody once said the older you get the faster time goes by... I NEVER believed it until now....seems like the summer flew by (I KNOW in theory it's not OVER but my kids go back to school in 2 weeks). On the premise of time flying, here we are back to Wednesday again...which means I can link up with Linds at The Plated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday http://thepleatedpoppy.com/category/what-i-wore/
WEDNESDAY
 What I am wearing:
Chico's from Top to Bottom
Pearl Necklace - Chico's
Vest - Chico's Zenergy Line
White Ankle Jeans - So-Lifting by Chico's
Shoes - Thrifted (Brand new "Cuddle Love") FAB NEUTRAL and nice support

THURSDAY
 What I am wearing:
Lace Shirt - Old Navy via the thrift
Gold Shimmer Tank - Chico's
Necklace - Chico's
Belt - Chico's
Jeans - Chico's (check out the DETAILING on the back pockets below). It's ALL about the details!!
Wedges - Thrifted


FRIDAY
 What I am wearing:
Scarf - Local Grocery Store (every now and then they get scarves and purses...I'm a SUCKER for scarves)
Tank - Thrifted
Vest - Marshall's
Crops - Chico's
Wedges - Target
(side note: I did change my wedges to the neutral pair in the first photo AFTER I saw these pics - the leopard was too dark for the neutral everything else I had going on)

SUNDAY
 What I am wearing:
Blue Tank - Material Girl for Macy's (again CHECK OUT THE BACK) Details people details
White Tank - Hanes
Turquoise Necklace - Lane Bryant 2009
Shorts - JcPenny (lil girl's plus size section)
Sandals - Macy's via Ebay
 I'm sportin a new tat....This was the day it was done....I wouldn't normally get such a large piece on the inside of my wrist HOWEVER it was a cover up so I had parameters to work within....it's been a few days and I'm LOVING it though!!

MONDAY
(I've wanted a kimono all summer and I FINALLY happened upon the perfect one while Back-to-School clothes shopping with the kids)
 What I'm Wearing:
Kimono - Gordmans
Pearls - Chico's, Lane Bryant and long necklace with green beads  - Gordmans
Black Tank - Chico's
Jeggings - Chico's
Sandals -Macy's via Ebay
 This kimono is the PERFECT length for someone on the more petite short side (the front is a flattering short style that graduates into a longer length in the back which makes it perfect for leggings). I can see this with a chambray shirt underneath for a cooler fall day

TUESDAY
(it NEVER fails...every time it's picture time the pup wants in on the photo's...he always grabs his leash and runs away or plops down right in front of me)
 What I am wearing:
Scarf - Wal-Mart
Earrings - Maurices
Sweater - SO SO old - from Montgomery Ward (back in the day - I bought this when I was a junior in high school)
Leggings - Walmart
Wedges - Target


Found THIS glorious "statement" necklace at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago....very J.Crew like....both Walmart and Target have taken J.Crew's style and made it more affordable...a FUN way to try the "statement" necklace trend without breaking the bank
 THIS is what I will be wearing today....I envisioned THIS necklace right away with graphic Black & White stripes
Off to see what you all wore!! Saw something you liked OR styled similarly, leave some comment love so I can check ya out!!

2 comments:

Madaline said...

I love that striped shirt! I've been looking for one for ages (seriously -years) but I can never find one that fits correctly!

Sigh. I wish the end of summer wasn't so close but I can feel it too...

GnomeLover said...

Cute scarf. And grocery store? Too cool. My grocery store never gets anything cool. I love the Kimono on you. And your whole Friday look is fab!

Jenni