Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, January 9, 2014

TRY IT THURSDAY....Garland photo backdrop


I'm sure this isn't new to anyone BUT I didn't realize how EASY this was!! I've seen the garland backdrops all over blog world and Pinterest, in fact I even pinned it but never did it....SOME projects are so easy that they just sit there....do you do that too?!??!

It was UBER easy....I gathered my supplies (garland, a broom handle {idea via Oh happy day} and hot glue gun). I wanted the garland to be long enough for a FULL length shot - if you're just doing headshots you can use 4'. I cut my lengths at 7'


NOW'S the PERFECT time to go get garland for your photo "booth" backdrops!! It's 75% off!! This is a FUN idea for weddings, birthday parties, showers, etc. (My garland is from the 2011 holiday season -  this past summer I couldn't GIVE this stuff away...and not I'm SO GLAD I didn't!!!). I know NYE was last week (although to me it seems LIGHT years ago) BUT it's never too late for a festive garland backdrop!! Oh, and since we're talking NYE, I got this FAB hand soap at Bath& Body works...FITTING for any celebratory occasion and GORG colors!


Decorating for the holidays (ANY holiday) only takes imagination and a good eye!! FOR example...If you are hosting a NYE party next year GO NOW - RUN and buy New year hats (without the year on them) for nxt year....I got these BOTH for .25....the sparkly bottle I copy catted from The Hunted Interior (her's was with confetti...I ONLY had glitter on hand)...oh and that bottle is Welch's kiddie wine....a silver tray makes ANYTHING look fancy, the champagne bubbles were purchased new in the package at the thrift store one summer for .59

And the lil glass dish was a thrift shop find as well....USE you favors as decor until your guests arrive - it sets a festive mood...

That's all I got for today....thrift and peace out! 

1 comment:

Twinkle Terrior said...

having so much fun catching up on blog reading today! yours is so fun...looks like your NEW YEARS was so pretty and sparkly! Happy 2014! ox
PS- late but...OPTIC WHITE is the toothpaste choice at our house :)