Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, January 30, 2014

TRY IT THURSDAY....Get organized PLANNER Tips and Tricks

SO something about January makes me want to get organized and purge - EVERY year....I think it's the fresh clean start of the year...PART of being organized (at least for me) is to write it all down....it keeps my mind clear and straight....SO at the end of the school year I purchased THIS planner...

SEE that cute glittery sheet under the planner?!?! I had THOUGHT I could just slide in over the 1314 (there is a zip slide on the side of the cover)...and While I COULD.....there still was an orange sherbet tint (the plastic is actually orange). It's ok though...it looks happy and pretty anyway.

You may have noticed the tabs at the top: Blog, Beauty and Month

BLOG 
is where I write ideas down that I want to blog about throughout the year....you may notice they are color coded....and some future posts have been edited SO it's still a surprise when I do blog!! For all y'all who read my blog (which REMINDS me...ONE of my goals of 2014 is to reach 100 followers SO if ya saved me as a fave and read, that's cool BUT I'd LOVE to have ya to follow me - whatcha think?!?!? Can we do it?!?!? Can we reach 100?!??!)


BEAUTY
Is where I log and record products I have seen on other blogs, in magazines or on tv that I want to try


MONTH
Is the current month and things I want to accomplish personally or decor wise

 My month to-do lists usually revolve around some type of seasonal decor....and the 10 ways to good health is a NICE reminder at the beginning of the year....small changes that can make a big difference...



I LOVE to add personal touches to my planner SUCH as ALL those pinspirational quotes I pin on Pinterest....

 Jan: NEVER STOP DREAMING with cute lil happiness around it
 FEB: NEVER PUT OFF TIL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN STRAIGHT UP CANCEL TODAY...a GOOD reminder to NOT procrastinate
*AND*
WHY DO WE CLOSE OUR EYES WHEN WE PRAY, CRY, KISS,DREAM? BECAUSE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN LIFE ARE NOT SEEN BUT ONLY FELT BY THE HEART

MAR: DON'T TRY TO OVERHAUL YOUR LIFE OVERNIGHT. INSTEAD, FOCUS ON MAKING ONE SMALL CHANGE AT A TIME. OVER TIME THESE CHANGES WILL ADD UP TO BIG TRANSFORMATIONS. DON'T GIVE UP. 
I thought this was a good 1/4 way into the year reminder....it can apply to ANYTHING - fitness, saving money, attitude changes, wardrobe changes - ANYTHING. 

Basically I picked things that MEANT SOMETHING to ME!! 

Lastly I went through and stickered it up and made cute lil drawings and embellishments because it should be FUN!! 



SEE, the planner even says so....your days are as FUN as you make them!! 

1 comment:

Corinne said...

This planner looks great, very colourful, it looks like you know exactly how you want to use it! I'm rubbish with stuff like that, I fill it in for like 2 days then quit.

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com