Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Sunday, January 24, 2016

SUNDAY....PLAY DAY....DOLLHOUSE

and furniture galore....you want thingamabobs?!??! I've got 20, who cares, no big deal, I want MORE......(name the movie that's from).

The thrift store is my kryptonite.....I LOVE everything about it....the deals to be had, the wandering through never knowing what you'll find and the hunting and gathering process....One day while I was there I found this dollhouse...



Um yeah.....$1.29....really?!??! HOW could I pass it up?!??! (now the "normal" thing to do would be to sell it....)

BUT instead I played with it!!! I removed the floors (they are reversible - WHAT?!?!?)

Removed the stickers.....


Placed the flooring.....

Terrazzo tile on the rooftop deck.....

What started all of this was finding this dollhouse furniture while unpacking (I used to have a gorg Victorian dollhouse.....lost the house along the way BUT somehow retained the furniture)

I popped the adirondack style furniture on the rooftop....

Decorated the house (I don't know where the living room furniture went OR the bedroom furniture - I had both).....

The kitchen is all ready to bring home baby....

The living room remains empty for now....

The nursery is ready....

Master bedroom is missing the bed.....



OK, Barbie may be too big (and I don't know where her maternity dress is) BUT her baby would fit! LOL!!!

No comments: