Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, February 12, 2016

FOODIE FRIDAY.....The Weekly Menu

You've seen me post about my menu board before (and I TRY to use it weekly). It's a good guide, helps me be prepared with all the ingredients I'll need (I actually try to design the menu around items I ALREADY have. AS a (wanna be) #extremecouponer I pick items up when they are on-sale AND I have a coupon. 


Keep in mind this is (mostly) guide....sometimes we deviate entirely sometimes the days get mixed up....
And sometimes they're SPOT ON!!

Monday....
Cheeseburger, Chips and Veggies

With a Valentine Day theme (I bought these fry containers a couple years ago AFTER Christmas KNOWING I'd use them for Valentine's Day...this year I actually remembered)....


You saw my Valentine Nails on #manimonday 

BUT not sure you saw the lil peep inside....


TUESDAY was Heart Shaped Pasta with Broccoli (WHICH I picked up ON SALE at Target....fresh #Archerfarms broc and cauliflower in a bag that was $1.00 off that day AND they were 2/$5.00 and BOTH bags had $1.00 off coupons SO they were $2.00 each)....

I wanted to make this week's meals special for my family!

ANd I've been sippin on the diet coke (like seriously sipping...this lil bottle lasted me 3 meals because I LOVE a cuppa ice with a splash of soda!




Wednesday was Valentine English Muffin Pizza Day...SO EASY and relatively healthy! 
 I prepped the ingredients I'd be using (I used scissors to cut the tops  of the pepperoni...I noticed they were an odd shape SO I tried to make them more heart like WHICH was dumb...as they cook they get heart shaped)


See what the cheese package says?!?!? By the umbrella? "Cloudy with a chance of mozzarella" It made me smile...photo worthy....

EASY peasy! Slather a teaspoon or two of sauce (I used the leftover sauce from dinner the night before) and the lower right has olive oil (I sometimes like a light version and the olive oil does it).

Pop the slice of cheese on top (OR you can use shredded BUT my store was out)


['Coffee with my bestie at #starbucks and she brought chocolate covered strawberries




AS you can see....there are no pics of the Chili or pot pie that never was!!! Like I said...an outline.....

No comments: