Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WIWW...ATHLEISURE

WHAT?!??! Am I speaking a foreign language?!?! NOPE!! Y'all this is a REAL term!! Ad defined by The Urban Dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=athleisure -  athleisure - An industry term for athletic wear that can be worn away from the gym.

The good news IS if YOU LOVE this look it isn't going anywhere anytime soon!!! In fact I was doing it BEFORE it was cool (as you'll see by some of the older pics!!)

I'm partnering with betabrand https://www.betabrand.com/ to talk about MY athleisure look (which just so happens to be PERFECTLY timed since I go to the gym at least 3x a week and I typically grab my #starbucks after and run the rest of my daily errands)

....so I'm in "leisure" wear A LOT!!! I will preface by saying I am NOT a sweatshirt person....I struggle with that aspect of attire (although I DID style a sweatshirt with my jeans and TOM's wedges here)

MY tips are add accessories....they dress ER'thing up!!! Here I just popped on a scarf....

Here's an uber casual look (and this tunic sweatshirt I have worn to the gym - as you'll see below)

Dressed it up with a lil bling*bling!

Wore it with leopard leggings to the gym

I LOVE taking a nylon jacket INTENDED for working out and making it WORK-CHIC

It works with slacks OR a dress and boots

Or over a tunic sweater and leggings 

For this look from betabrand check out their Women's Navy Executive Pinstripe Hoodie

 

The Straight Leg Travel Yoga Pants....SWOON!!!! There's a built in pocket for your credit card SO when traveling it's convenient and close to ya....



You can wear your yoga pants with a dressy top and sandals and NOBODY'S the wiser!! Who doesn't want clothes that do DOUBLE-DUTY?!??!!

OF COURSE for the gym we all need a pair of bling*bling and pearl @Nikes!!! 
I told you I struggle a bit with the sweatshirts BUT blazers I can RAWK all day long!! My fave mix is a graphic tee and adding just the right chic gym shoes - these @Puma were a SCORE and the color is a perfect neutral!


Below I styled a blazer with a tye-die tee and a pair of slacks and nude sandals for work
If you LOVE this look try Betabrands NEW (like pre-order new) ACTIVE BLAZER in GRAY...a GLORIOUS alternative to black and can be worn ALL YEAR!!! Check it out HERE https://www.betabrand.com/womens/outerwear/womens-charcoal-gray-activewear-casual-blazer.html

HERE I mixed a pair of cargo's with a cute sheer top and OF COURSE jewels!! CASUAL-CHIC

UBER casual work wear....athletic jacket and a pair of denim joggers....

Check out betabrand https://www.betabrand.com/for all your ATHLEISURE looks....they have SO MUCH to offer and can be your one stop shop!!! By being a  Crowd Funded Clothing Community the designs are unique YET affordable!! Linked up to The Pleated Poppy for WIWW http://thepleatedpoppy.com/category/what-i-wore/





No comments: