Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

THRIFTY TUESDAY....CYNTHIA ROWLEY Gold KNOBS

When I moved into the new house THIS was there....I was going to throw it away BUT my Mister encouraged me to keep it (KNOWING I can use all the storage I can get). SO I figured it couldn't hurt to paint it black and see what happens....


I LOVED it!!! Looks so glam and blends right into the walls....
BUT....
I thought some knobs would do it justice....SO I went to Homegoods the beginning of the month and didn't find any for THIS particular project.....I looked at HobLob and WOW was there a selection (honestly kinda overwhelming) AND at $5.99/EACH for the style I was looking for I knew that even with a half off coupon the next four weeks it was STILL more than I wanted to spend for a "rescue and resuscitate" piece.....
I had to go to Homegoods to return something....which is never in vain BECAUSE I always have to look around too....found these FAB knobs by Cynthia Rowley....a kinda gold-ish mercury glass style.....
 BUT alas they were $9.99 for the set of 4 (OK PEOPLE don't think I'm uber cheap BUT that was more than I wanted to spend....I mean I have gotten 4 packs of knobs for $1.00 before). I ALWAYS ALWAYS check the clearance section....I found the knobs marked down for $7.00 - OK - SOLD!!! SInce I"m trying to be all EXTREME with couponing I figured it couldn't hurt to check the back of the rest of the boxes of the SAME knobs...OH YEAH...momma struck GOLD (mercury glass). $5.00 is TOTALLY the name of my game!!! That makes the knobs $1.25 EACH. The size was awesome, the coloring perfect and the price - en pointe!

I added them the very next morning....

BEFORE and AFTER....
Which do YOU like better?!?!?
 I'm a sucker for GREAT packaging....and I LOVED this!!!

No comments: