Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Saturday, August 24, 2013

A DAY IN THE LIFE....REAL Life

A day in the life are snapshots via my iphone for the previous week...this week's post isn't all fluff...See, I rarely get personal on here and that because I want to have a super great life like you all have!! BUT I have been dealt the card of a single mom - that's not always easy...see, I struggle financially, I do the best I can, my kids don't have what all the other kids have - they have the best I can give them...we do ok with our thrifted finds, BUT it breaks my heart when my daughter is at a sports tournament and I can't give her money for a tournament t-shirt, I can't even go to as many games this season because I can't afford the gas to get there OR the admission fee. This is all so HUMBLING to put in black and white...BUT I am hoping you all would have some hints, tricks or tips for me. I am not looking for sympathy, maybe power of prayer - will y'all say a lil prayer for me that I find my way,  I am looking for a way to make it work....
Lastly, thank you to my guardian angel -she is a friend who is SO selfless its incredible that I have someone like that in MY LIFE. Thanks girl! XO

See, it's happening - rock bottom is here, I am falling through the cracks - my rent check bounced. My utilities are behind...and I'm doing the BEST I can ...


NOW that they heaviness is off my heart I can get on with shots form the week...

My first day off from work found me getting down with creating and blogging and feeding my creative side...

THIS is one of my projects of the week...VINTAGE buttons on cards - these are for sale....

mmmm...HOSTESS Cupcakes =  L O V E 
 GORG wrist candy I found on Pinterst...Leopard and Tory Burch - FAB...a girl can dream, right?!?!

Cleaned the kitchen sinks naturally (baking soda and vinegar) I recently found out the kitchen is one of the DIRTIEST places in the home...kinda gross since we prepare our food there!!

Getting a few projects done around the house - I've had the things on hand So they didn't cost me a DIME just time, something I was lacking as of late....

I was a mosquito FEAST this week!!
 I went casual this week since I was home for a few days...when my daughter was taking my pics she said "mommy what happened to you? You aren't dressed up...why am I even taking your picture?!?!" LOL!! Just keepin it real!

716 pages of FAB fall style and advertisements (I know some people HATE ads, but I love them - it's a good way to get a pulse on what is new and upcoming for the season)
 My breakfast date and I at the Middle School Fundraiser for my daughters 8th grade trip to Washington DC

Homemade Chili with veggies from the farm

What have YOU been up to this week?!?!

2 comments:

Kori said...

I feel your pain! My parents divorced when I was young and it was hard for her to raise my brother and me without any consistent help. My dad is an a$$ and fought her tooth and nail regarding child support. (My grandparents helped us more than he ever did!) Although he could buy a new house with his new wife etc., he couldn't pay anything for us. Lame.
I took it upon myself to not play sports or anything because of $$ being short and I hated it....I wanted to play, but was trying to be helpful. In regards to your daughter's activities, my cousin's kids are in band and she also can't afford to get to most of the events because of gas or admission. It is totally ridiculous that parents of any kid involved need to pay ANYTHING to get in to an event!! They should have their very own section!!! On that note, so that my cousin's daughter can play softball, my cousin 'donates' her time to the snack bar/treasury type position. Maybe there's an option like that for you? I've been a follower of your blog for a while, so I know you work retail and those hours can be all over the place, but maybe something could work out?
At any rate, all my best to you and your kiddos...you seem like a fun mom who does all she can for her family and in the long run that's what they'll remember the most!
xoxo, Kori :)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Two words, Dave Ramsey. Look him up on the internet. You can listen to his podcast for the first hour of his radio show for free. I was a single mom of 3 girls and lived just getting by too. Dave Ramsey's books and radio show changed my life and helped me get debt-free and live that way for years. Please, for your kids sake, give Dave a try. He will teach you how to become debt-free and live with freedom from money problems. Email me if you have questions. I would love to help steer you towards financial freedom.