Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Thursday, August 22, 2013

TRY IT THURSDAY RIbbon Light Garland

I have wanted to do this project ever since I saw it back in 2010....SO I saved my scrap ribbons, cut some ribbons off dresses my daughter outgrew, etc

(ABOVE photo credit to Whitney Caroline Designs http://whitneycarolinedesigns.blogspot.com/2008/12/to-celebrate-another-successful.html)

SO, 3 years later and a lil twist to the project I am working with this....
 PINK lights, ribbon, zebra and turquoise peace signs (from Wal-Mart's Christmas line for 2012...bought after the fact for like .20 FOR THREE). The ribbon garland is for my daughters room...

This was an easy mother/daughter project...


 Here is is after we used all the supplies we had gathered in the above photo...
 While going through my stash of art supplies and ribbon I found this SWEET turquoise & pink glitter polka dot wired ribbon (I bought this 2 AFTER Christmas' ago at Michael's for my daughter to use on her Christmas tree in her room - she was too lazy to put it on SO it never got used)

BAM!!! 
EXACTLY what we needed to fill the garland in....AND it was free because I already had it!!



Oh yeah, this was on Pinterest board of Future projects....SAW IT PINNED IT DID IT

To see more of my future projects check out my Pinterest Boards here http://pinterest.com/janaec/future-projects/

No comments: