Sassy and Shabby

For the love of all things Vintage

Friday, August 16, 2013

Foodie Friday Semi Homemade Tortilla Chips and Pico De Gallo

SO I've been a fan of using what ya have lately - waste not want not...I bought a pack of tortilla's for Chicken Tortilla Soup - the recipe only called for 6 tortillas SO I had about 8 left....I was in the mood for Pico de gallo....I had everything I needed to make the pico BUT no chips...So I fried my own....

 Heat your oil (while oil is heating I got my kitchen shears - ran them under the faucet BEFORE eat cut into the tortilla shell {so the ends would "seal"} and cut them into 6 pie shaped slices)

Added my cut tortilla triangles to the oil...
 and VIOLA!! Sprinkled with some Pink Himalayan Sea Salt when they came out and you have "restaurant chips" as my daughter called them!! 

For my pico de gallo I use Tomatoes (I scoop out the tomato insides with a spoon - my friend Paola taught me this trick - it seems wasteful BUT keep your pico from getting too soupy) cauliflower, cilantro(thats fresh from my garden!!) lime juice, jalapeno salt and granulated garlic to taste....

Chop it all up and VIOLA!! 

 So here's MY version of semi-homemade tortilla chips and pico de gallo

No comments: